PBIS- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an approach to teaching and supporting positive behaviors and meeting the needs of ALL students. This school-wide approach to discipline focuses on building a safe and positive environment in which all students can learn.
To be successful, our behavior program needs to be a partnership between home and school. Throughout the school year the PBIS team will send updates and information about PBIS. We invite your comments, concerns and ideas to make PBIS work at our school.
Please support PBIS at Liberty Drive by:
- Reviewing behavior expectations with your child
- Signing and returning the behavior matrix slip sent home with your child
- Using the four expectations at home
- Providing positive reinforcement (rewarding good choices with compliments or quality time) at home
- Sharing comments with or asking questions of PBIS team members